In this article, we are going to describe, how to fix a printer that prints blank pages. It’s a common problem that a lot of people faces. The problem of blank pages happens mostly in inkjet printers. Actually, when you don’t use inkjet printers for a while, the ink tends to dry up. We will explain how to solve this problem in a few simple steps.
Is your printer printing a blank page? Please check them out the solution below.
Steps to fix a printer that prints blank pages:
Steps for Windows 10:
- Go to the Windows 10 search bar and search for Printers & Scanners. Click on that once it appears.
- Select the printer you are using and click on “Manage”.
- Then click on “Printing Preferences”.
- Then click on “Maintenance”. You will see several options here. Click on Nozzle Check first.
- It will ask you to “Print” to print a Nozzle Check Pattern. Just click on Print.
- It will show you a screen like this, just click on “clean” to start the cleaning process.
- Click On “Start” when it prompts to start the cleaning.
- Your Printer’s light will blink during the cleaning process, give it some time to clean it, when it finishes the process, just click on finish. It should solve the problem of the blank page. If the problem is not solved, you can use other options like Head cleaning, head alignment as well.
Steps for Windows 7, 8, Vista:
- Go to “Control Panel”
- Then go to “View Devices and Printers”
- Now select your Printer and right-click on it and click on “Printing Preferences”
- Now follow the steps from step 4 to 8 of the above Windows 10 section.
Q: The printer used to print alright wirelessly. Now it is not printing. Only blank page comes out. t can copy alright.
A: Make sure your printer’s ink cartridges are not gone about to empty. If there is no ink in the cartridges then it prints blank pages. Refill them or clean its print head or nozzles. Apply the above-given steps.