HP is one of the best brands for all-in-ones, but some HP multifunction machines have a tendency to display ‘Scanner error 22’ on their control panel when you try to scan any document. It can be frustrating to see this error, but you can easily resolve it by following some simple steps. We have prepared this instructional guide to explain how to fix HP printer Scanner Error 22.
Possible cause Behind Scanner Error 22
According to the HP website, this error can occur when users apply extra weight or pressure on the scanner glass while they are scanning an open book. Due to excessive weight or pressure the scanner mechanism gets stalled and the HP printer displays ‘Scanner Error 22’.
Steps to Fix HP printer error: Scanner Error 22
To fix this error you will have to reset your HP printer by following the steps mentioned below. Try to plug-in your printer directly into a wall outlet instead of using an intermediary power source.
- Make sure your HP printer is turned on.
- If you have just now turned on your printer, then wait for it to reach the idle state before proceeding to the next step.
- Once printer is in idle state, disconnect power cord from the printer.
- Now, unplug the power cable from the power source and wait for 60 seconds before proceeding to the next step.
- Reconnect the power cable to the power source.
- Now, reconnect the power cord with the printer. This process is called power drain.
If your printer doesn’t turn on by itself, then turn on your printer manually. Let your printer go through the warm up phase and reach the idle state. Once, idle state is reached, check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Most probably, the issue would have been resolved. If the ‘Scanner Error 22’ problem is still there, then you need to contact the experts for physical inspection of your HP printer.