When I try to print from my Dell 725 printer, the printer says offline and its icon is also gone grayed out. I am using this printer on Windows 7. How to Fix Printer Offline Problem?
If your printer icon says “Offline” or gone greyed-out, it means the communication with your printer has been broken. First you will have to check the physical connectivity and then off the “use printer offline” settings. There are many reasons behind the printer offline issue. Follow the following steps to fix offline printer issue.
How to Fix Printer Offline Problem?
Please follow the below given steps to fix printer offline issue. You’ll get back your printer online again.
- Ensure that the printer is turned ON.
- Ensure that the USB cable of the printer is properly plugged with the computer.
- Now, uncheck the tick mark of “use printer offline” option. To do this, click on “Start” button and then click on “Control Panel” then click on “Devices & Printers”.
- After that a printer & devices page will be opened then right-click on your printer “Dell 725” and choose “see what’s printing” option.
- A new printer status windows will be open. Click on “files” menu and deselect the tick of the option “use printer offline” if it is ticked then close all the opened window.
- Now open “my computer” and open this path “c:/windows/system32/spool/printers”, now please make it empty the folder “printers”, delete all the files if you see in printers folder. (*if any problem facing while deleting the file then restart the computer once then try to delete)
- That’s it now tries to restart the computer once and restart the printer as well.
Follow the below given steps. See the below-given animation how to get back your printer online again.
Q. How to do power cycle the printer?
A. Just unplug all the cables from back of the printer and hold the power button for 20 seconds then plug all the cable and start it. Read more about power drain.
Q. Why my printer says offline?
A. There are many reasons for that, first is that printer is not plugged or not turned ON, second is that you did a print out when the printer was turned off. That’s why it says “use printer offline”.
Q. When I try to print printer says offline how do I get online?
A. please follow above article to fix that error message.
Questions & Answers
Search for Answers / Ask a Question - you'll get answer as soon as possible. It's Free