HP Deskjet 5440 Printer is a small, lightweight printer that produces clear, high quality images for a variety of needs. The cost of printing is very low as the cost per page on this model is less than 2 cents.
The printer can also be connected to computers via Wi-Fi, so it can be used without any wires. The HP Deskjet 5440 Printer comes with an automatic document feeder, allowing you to print double-sided pages without turning them over manually.
The printer is quick and easy to set up. Just plug it into a power outlet, insert the cartridge, and then connect it to a computer using a USB cable. Download the HP Deskjet 5440 compatible driver from the below given download section and install it.
If there is any confusion in steps of installing the driver then go to the installation section below to learn more about how to install.
HP Deskjet 5440 Driver Download Links
|Driver Description||Size||Download Link|
|HP Deskjet 5440 Driver for Windows XP, Server 2000 (32bit) – 64bit driver is not available for download.
||50.7 MB||Download (32bit Only)|
|HP Deskjet 5440 Driver for Windows XP, Server 2000 (64bit)||NA||Not Available|
|HP Deskjet 5440 Driver for Windows Vista, Server 2003 (32bit/64bit)||55.8 MB||Download|
|HP Deskjet 5440 Basic Driver for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 (32bit/64bit)||31.6 MB||
Download 32bit (Basic Driver)
Download 64bit (Basic Driver)
Here’s a guide on how to install the basic driver.
|HP Deskjet 5440 Driver for Linux and Ubuntu (32bit/64bit)
|HP Deskjet 5440 Driver for Mac 10.3, 10.4, 10.5||97.9 MB||Download|
|HP Deskjet 5440 Driver for Mac 10.5 to 10.10||70.1 MB||Download|
|HP Deskjet 5440 Driver for Mac 10.11||70.1 MB||Download|
|HP Deskjet 5440 Driver for Mac 10.0 to 10.15, macOS 11 Big Sur||18.7 MB||Download|
|You may download the same driver directly from HP Deskjet 5440 official website.|
How to install HP Deskjet 5440 Printer Driver
The installation process for this printer is incredibly simple. All you have to do is plug the device into an outlet, insert the ink cartridge, and then connect it to your computer using a USB cable. The printer is fully compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. If the driver is already installed then you can update the driver using the same process.Let’s gp to the installation steps:
- Before you start installing, make sure your printer’s USB cable has been disconnected from the computer. Note: Don’t connect the USB cable until the installer asks for the same.
- Download the driver from the above given download section.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- Click on the Next or Continue button to start it.
- Click on the “I agree” button
- After that it will start installing, leave it until it asks to connect the USB cable to the computer. If so, connect the USB cable to the computer and make sure the printer is turned ON. After connecting the cable it will auto detect. Let it be complete.
- After detecting the printer, click on the Next button. Follow the more on-screen instructions if asked and then click on the Finish button in the End.
The HP Deskjet 5440 printer is priced at $49.99 and has a print speed of up to 27 pages per minute in black and white and up to 18 pages per minute in color. This printer also features a monthly duty cycle of 30000 pages, which means that it can print without interruption for over three months before needing to be replaced. The HP Deskjet 5440 printer offers reliability, as well as speed, for a low price.
The HP Deskjet 5440 printer comes with an ink cartridge system, which means that the ink cartridges will only last until they are empty. There are different types of ink cartridge systems and each one varies in price and quality. Ink cartridges come in both original and compatible versions, so you have to be careful when purchasing an ink cartridge system for your printer because they are not all created equal.