If you are searching for a standalone laser printer that has been designed to deliver high performance and offers robust security options (cannot print from outside the network), then the HP LaserJet Pro M402dn is worth your money. This monochrome laser printer supports USB and Ethernet connectivity, which makes it ideal for small offices. Its support for mobile printing also makes this laser printer truly versatile at the moment. However, to get the best performance from this laser printer, you should install it by using its genuine HP printer drivers.
In this driver download guide, you will be getting the HP LaserJet Pro M402dn driver download links for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. All the drivers you will find on this page are genuine HP drivers, which are fully compatible with their respective operating systems. Additionally, we are providing detailed installation guides for these HP printer drivers so that you can install your drivers without making any mistakes. In case you don’t find on this page the HP driver you were searching for on this page, then you can follow the download steps shared in this guide to download your preferred driver and software directly from the HP website.
Steps to Download HP LaserJet Pro M402dn Driver
Our OS list contains all the operating systems supported by this HP printer. In order to download the latest version of this HP printer driver you should follow the download steps shared below.
- Locate the operating system in our OS list where you want to install your HP printer.
- Click on the download link associated with your chosen OS version to begin the download of your HP LaserJet Pro M402dn driver setup file.
Note: The following drivers are the same as the original driver CD.
Steps to Download Drivers from the HP Website
If you want to download any other compatible software or driver for this HP printer, then you can get them directly from the HP website. For your help, we are describing the download process below.
In the above download links, we have already shared the full feature HP LaserJet Pro M402dn driver, therefore, we are sharing below the download steps for the HP LaserJet Pro M402dn basic driver.
- To directly download the HP driver visit HP LaserJet Pro M402dn official website.
- In the download page, click on the ‘Choose a different OS’ link.
- Click on the ‘Down’ arrow beneath the ‘Operating system’ field, then select your preferred OS type from the list. We chose the ‘Windows’ OS from the list.
- Click on the ‘Down’ arrow beneath the ‘Version’ field, then select your preferred OS Version from the list. We chose the ‘Windows 7 (32-bit)’ version.
- Click on the ‘Change’ button to view the list of drivers and software provided by the HP for your preferred OS version.
- Below the ‘Driver Product Installation Software’ option, click on the ‘Plus’ sign in front of the ‘Basic Drivers’, then click on the ‘Download’ link associated with the Basic driver you want to download.
- Click on the ‘Save File’ button to begin the driver download.
You can follow the steps given above with relevant changes to download any other software or driver for the HP LaserJet Pro m402d laser printer. All the software and drivers you will download from the HP website will be fully compatible with this printer and its associated OS version.
How to Install HP LaserJet Pro M402dn Driver
If you want to get the best performance from your printer driver, then you should install it by using its proper installation method. Therefore, we are sharing below installation guides for the HP driver package and the HP INF driver. Study the guide which suits your driver type and follow its instructions in the correct order.
1) Install HP LaserJet Pro M402dn Printer Using Driver Package
In this installation guide we will explain the installation method for the HP LaserJet Pro M402dn driver package. For your convenience, we have provided an image file for each installation step so that you can install the driver without any confusion. The installation method given below can be followed for all the versions of the Windows operating system.
- Double click the HP driver package file and click on the ‘Run’ button to proceed with the driver installation process.
- Wait as the driver files extract on your computer.
- Wait for the HP Installer program to start.
- Wait for the installer program to check your computer for the installation requirements.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button to continue with the software installation process.
- Choose ‘I have reviewed and accept the installation agreements’ option and click on the ‘Next’ button to proceed.
- Wait for the installer to prepare your computer for the driver installation.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button to continue.
- Under Connection Type, choose the ‘Directly connect to this computer using a USB cable’ option and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- When you see the message ‘Connect your Product now’, then connect your HP printer with your computer by using a USB cable and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation process.
That’s it, you have successfully installed the full feature HP LaserJet Pro M402dn driver on your computer and your HP printer is ready for use.
2) Install HP LaserJet Pro M402dn Printer Using INF Driver
For the proper installation of the HP LaserJet Pro M402dn basic driver you should read the installation guide shared below. Our guide describes in simple steps the right method of installing the HP LaserJet Pro M402dn INF driver on a Windows computer.
HP LaserJet Pro M402dn Toner Details
This HP laser printer uses one Black toner cartridge, which is available in Standard (CF226A) and High yield (CF226X) sizes and can print up to 3100 pages and 9000 pages respectively.