In case you are having printing problems and aren’t sure if your printer is working properly, then instead of printing a multiple page document, it’s better to print a test page. This is the simplest way of knowing that your printer is working fine.
Also, if you don’t use your inkjet printer regularly, then printing a test page every 3 to 4 weeks helps in keeping the flow of ink intact and makes sure that your cartridges don’t get blocked due to inactivity. However, most people ask us, how do I print a test page in Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac and Linux? We will be answering this question below in detailed steps.
How to Print a Test Page
Different operating systems versions have almost the same option to print a test page, but the option might be in a different location. In the following steps, we’ll show you how to get a test page different-different operating systems.
Select your Operating system to Jump to its section.
- Steps for Windows 10
- Steps for Windows 8, 8.1
- Steps for Windows 7
- Steps for Apple Mac
- Steps for Linux (Ubuntu)
Steps to Print a Test Page in Windows 10
You can use the steps as mentioned in Windows 8 for printing your test page in Windows 10. That is, go to Control Panel → Device Manager. Right-click on your printer and choose ‘Printer properties’. Now, click ‘Print Test Page’. However, below, we are describing another way to print a test page in Windows 10.
- Click on ‘Start’ button.
- Select ‘Settings’ icon.
- Click on ‘Devices’.
- In this window, select ‘Printers & scanners’
- Select your printer and click the ‘Manage’ button.
- Now click on the ‘Print a test page’ option.
That’s it, by now, the test page print job would have been sent to your printer.
Steps to Print a Test Page in Windows 8, 8.1
- Right-click on the ‘Start’ menu button and then go into ‘Control Panel’.
- In Control Panel, click on ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Now right-click the printer you want to use for printing the test page and select ‘Printer properties’.
- In the Printer Properties window click on ‘Print Test Page’.
If you have followed the above steps as they have been mentioned, then by now your test page would have started printing.
Steps to Print a Test Page In Windows 7
- Click on ‘Start’
- Then click on ‘Control Panel’.
- In Control Panel, click on ‘Hardware and Sound’.
- Now click on ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Now ‘right click’ on the printer which you want to use for printing the test page and select ‘Printer properties’.
- In Printer properties window click on ‘Print Test Page’.
If your printer is working fine, then it should start printing test page by now. See the below screenshot.
Steps to Print a Test Page in Mac OS
- Click the apple icon and select ‘System Preferences’.
- Double click ‘Printers & Scanners’.
- Now select your printer and click on ‘Options & Supplies’ option.
- Click ‘Utility’.
- Click ‘Print Test Page’.
Your printer should have started printing the test page.
Steps to Print a Test Page in Linux, Ubuntu
- Click on ‘Menu’, select ‘System’ and then click ‘Printers’.
- Right-click your printer and select ‘Printer Properties’.
- In Printer Properties window click on ‘Print Test Page’.
Printing a test page is the easiest way of knowing if your printer is working properly or not. The steps mentioned in the above article will allow you to print a test page from various operating systems.