The HP Deskjet 3740 series printer is a personal inkjet printer with limited features, but delivers impressive performance. This color printer has a compact fold-able paper tray design, which makes it suitable for confined workspace. The connectivity option offered by this printer is USB connectivity. Although the print speed of this printer is just 14 ppm and it has a monthly duty cycle of 500 pages, but it’s sufficient for home users.
In this driver download guide, we are sharing the HP Deskjet 3740 series printer driver download links for Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems. We have taken special care that you will only get genuine HP drivers from this page, which means all drivers are fully compatible with their respective operating systems. We have also shared detailed installation instructions for these printer drivers so that you can avail their best performance.
Steps to Download HP Deskjet 3740 Driver
All the operating systems supported by this HP printer have been listed in our OS list. Use the download steps given below to download your HP Deskjet 3740 driver setup file.
- In our OS list, choose the operating system where you want to install this printer.
- Then, click on the download button associated with your preferred operating system to get your printer driver.
Driver Download Links
- HP 3740 series driver for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 32bit → Download (Basic Driver)
- HP 3740 series driver for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 64bit → Download (Basic Driver)
Here’s how to install the above given basic INF driver on Windows.
- HP Deskjet 3740 driver for Mac OS v10.0 to 10.15 and 11 Big Sur– Not Available
- HP Deskjet 3740 driver for Linux, Ubuntu – Not Available
- Download the driver directly from the HP Deskjet 3740 official website.
How to Install HP Deskjet 3740 Driver
For your assistance, we are providing two ways to install the HP printer driver. The first method is by using the HP driver package and the second method is by using the HP INF driver files. Choose your installation method carefully based on your HP printer driver and follow their installation steps accordingly.
1) Install HP Deskjet 3740 Driver Using Driver Package
If you want to install HP Deskjet 3740 driver package, then the printer driver installation guide given below will help you. Our printer driver installation guide describes in simple steps the right process to install the HP driver package. Follow the installation steps described in our guide in their correct order.
2) Install HP Deskjet 3740 Driver Using INF Driver
Since we have shared the HP Deskjet 3740 series INF driver on this page, we will now describe its installation steps. Although we have shared the installation process for the Windows 10 OS, you can follow the same steps for other Windows OS as well. Follow the steps given below in their correct order.
In order to install it manually, you’ll need its basic driver. Click on below links to download the driver:
- Download the basic INF drivers from the links below:
For Windows 32bit: https://www.freeprintersupport.com/downloads/hp/hp-deskjet-3740-series/hp-deskjet-3740-series-basic-driver-win-32bit.zip
For Windows 64bit: https://www.freeprintersupport.com/downloads/hp/hp-deskjet-3740-series/hp-deskjet-3740-series-basic-driver-win-64bit.zip
- After downloading the driver zip file, extract its contents into a folder and note the location address of the folder contents. You will need this location address later.
- Click ‘Start’ button and choose the ‘Settings’ from the menu.
- Click ‘Devices’ option in the Settings page.
- In the Devices list on the left side, choose the ‘Printers & scanners’ option.
- Click ‘Plus’ sign in front of ‘Add a printer or scanner’ to start the installation of your HP printer.
- Now Windows will start searching for the printer, but you should ignore that process and click on ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’ option.
- In the Add printer window, choose ‘Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings’ option and click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- From the port list, choose the port where you have connected your printer, then click ‘Next’ to continue.
- Click on the “Have Disk” button.
- Now you should ‘copy and paste’ the ‘location address of the INF driver folder’ you extracted in the Step 1, or else, you can use the ‘Browse’ button to locate the driver folder on your computer. Then, click on ‘OK’ button.
- From the list of printers choose the printer name which is closest to your printer model. We have chosen ‘HP Deskjet 3740 Series’, as it is named in the list. Then, click on ‘Next’ to continue.
- If you want to install your printer with a special name, then you can edit that name in this window. Otherwise, you can leave the default name unchanged. Then, click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Wait as your printer driver gets installed.
- If you want to share your printer over a network, then you can provide the printer name and other details. Otherwise, choose ‘Do not share this printer’ option. Then, click ‘Next’ to continue.
- That’s it, your HP Deskjet 3740 printer has successfully installed. If you want to test your printer, then click on ‘Print a test page’ button. Otherwise, click on the ‘Finish’ button to complete the installation.
HP Deskjet 3740 Ink Cartridge Details
This HP inkjet printer uses one Black and one Tri-color ink cartridge. The Black (C8727AN) ink cartridge has a page yield of 240 pages and the Tri-color (C8728AN) ink cartridge can print nearly 220 pages.