The HP DeskJet 6840 printer has several features which make this printer a suitable choice for home users. The borderless printing and enhanced digital photo printing features of this printer help it deliver truly professional photo prints. This printer supports wireless connectivity which means you can easily access its functions from your mobile device. You can also easily cancel print jobs in this printer at the touch of a button on its control panel. However, to get the best performance from this printer you must install it by using its genuine HP printer drivers.
Here, we offer HP DeskJet 6840 printer driver download links for Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems. Along with the genuine HP drivers for this printer, we are also sharing their proper installation instructions. You will also find on this page the download steps to download additional HP software and drivers for this printer directly from the HP website.
Steps to Download HP DeskJet 6840 Driver
In the list of OS given below, locate your preferred operating system and click on its download button to start the download of your HP DeskJet 6840 driver setup file.
Driver Download Links
- HP DeskJet 6840 driver for Windows XP, 2000 (32bit) → Download (68.6 MB)
- HP DeskJet 6840 basic driver for Windows XP (64bit) → Download (Basic)
- HP DeskJet 6840 driver for Windows Vista (32bit/64bit) → Download (21.3 MB)
- HP DeskJet 6840 basic driver for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32bit) → Download (Basic)
- HP DeskJet 6840 basic driver for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (64bit) → Download (Basic)
- HP DeskJet 6840 driver for Mac OS 10.6 to 10.15, 11 Big Sur → Download (66.7 MB)
- HP DeskJet 6840 driver for Mac OS 10.3, 10.4, 10.5 → Download (66.7 MB)
- HP DeskJet 6840 driver for Mac OS 10.1, 10.2 → Download (38.9 MB)
- HP DeskJet 6840 driver for Mac OS 9 → Download (19.7 MB)
- HP DeskJet 6840 driver for Linux, Ubuntu (32bit/64bit) → Not Available
How to Download HP 6840 Driver from HP’s Official Website
If you haven’t found your preferred HP DeskJet 6840 driver or software on this page, then follow the download steps given below to get them directly from the HP website.
Since, we have already shared the HP DeskJet 6840 driver for the various OS types above. In the following example, we will describe how to download Diagnostic tool software for Windows 7 OS. You can follow the same download steps that can be followed to download any other software or driver related to your preferred OS version.
- Open the following page: HP DeskJet 6840 official website.
- Choose the ‘Choose a different OS’ link.
- Click on ‘Down’ key associated with the ‘Operating system’ field and view the list of operating systems supported by this HP printer. From that list choose your OS type. We have chosen ‘Windows’ OS.
- Click on ‘Down’ key associated with the “Version” field and view the list of OS versions supported by this HP printer. From that list, choose your OS version. We have chosen ‘Windows 7 (32-bit)’.
- Click ‘Change’ button to view the list of software and drivers compatible with your chosen OS version.
- Since, we have to download the driver, click on the ‘Plus’ sign in front of the ‘Driver Product Installation Software’ option.
- Click the ‘Download’ button for start the download. To get additional information about the software, click on the ‘blue arrow’ in front of the software name.
- Select ‘Save File’ to start the download.
How to Install HP DeskJet 6840 Driver
We are sharing printer driver installation guides which describe in simple steps the right process to install the HP DeskJet 6840 driver package and the HP DeskJet 6840 INF driver. Study the installation guide that suits your needs to avoid any type of printer driver installation mistake.
- How to install driver automatically using its setup file
- How to install driver manually using basic driver (.INF driver)
Ink Cartridge Details
This HP printer series uses one black and one tri-color ink cartridge. The high yield Black (HP 96) cartridge and the Tri-color (HP 97) cartridge can print approximately 860 and 560 pages respectively. While the standard Black (HP 94) cartridge and Tri-color (HP 95) cartridge can print up to 480 and 330 pages respectively.
.......... No FAQs Found .........