Question: I have upgraded my computer to Windows 10, after upgrading successfully, my printer (HP Officejet 8040) stopped working – it doesn’t print. Please help!!
Answer: Your computer has been upgraded to Windows 10 but your printer driver is not. So, you just have to uninstall and reinstall the printer with its latest driver. I have mentioned the latest HP Officejet 8040 driver so that you can reinstall it. See the download section below. Here in the page, we’ll show how to download and install HP Officejet 8040 printer driver on Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
Steps to download HP Officejet 8040 printer driver
- Start by locating your operating system on our list.
- Now, click on its download button to get the HP Officejet 8040 driver setup file.
Driver Download List
- HP Officejet 8040 driver for Windows XP, Vista 32-bit → Download
- HP Officejet 8040 driver for Windows Vista 64-bit → Download
- HP Officejet 8040 driver for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 32-bit and 64-bit → Download
- HP Officejet 8040 driver for Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012 →
- HP Officejet 8040 driver for Mac OS X v10.10 to 10.15 → Download
- HP Officejet 8040 driver for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 → Download
- HP Officejet 8040 driver for Linux, Ubuntu →
- Download the driver directly from the HP Officejet 8040 official website.
How to install HP Officejet 8040 Printer Driver
Printer driver installation is really simple if you follow the right steps. Therefore, you must read the printer driver installation guide given below to find the appropriate method of installing a printer driver on various operating systems.
Choosing the right printer driver
There are basic and full feature drivers available for a printing device. Because HP Officejet 8040 is an all-in-one machine you must install the full feature HP Officejet 8040 driver on your computer. This will ensure that you will be able to utilize all the features of this printer by installing only one software package.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows XP to Windows 10 (32bit / 64bit)
Server 2000 to 2019 (32bit / 64bit)
Mac OS v10.4 to v10.15 Catalina
Linux and Ubuntu.
The HP Officejet 8040 all-in-one is an inkjet photo printer capable of performing copy, scan and fax functions. The device supports wireless printing, making it suitable for home and small office users. To reduce your costs, this printer is HP Instant Ink ready and supports duplex printing. Operating this MFP is really easy using its 3.5 inch color touchscreen control panel. Overall this HP all-in-one is worth its price.
Ink Cartridge Details
This HP printer uses one Black (1VV43AN) and one Tri-Color (1VV42AN) ink cartridge.