In this article, we are going to explain how to fix Printer in Error state. You can fix this error in a few simple steps. If it’s a minor problem with software or detection, then this method will work for you but if there is a fault in your printer or your printer is not turning on at all, then please check your printer first and then follow these steps.
Steps to Fix ‘Printer in an Error State’ error
Follow the following methods.
Method 1: Run Windows Update.
Update your Windows 10 OS. Once the windows is up-to-date, the issue will be fixed automatically. This is a very simple and tested solution to fix this issue. I positively suggest that you try to update your Windows before going to the below given solutions.
Method 2: Re-install Printer Driver
- First, click on the Start menu button and search for Device Manager and open it.
- Under “Device Manager“, click on “View” and then click “Show hidden devices“.
- Now scroll down and right-click on “Ports (COM & LPT)” and then click on “Properties”.
- Now click “Port Settings” and then uncheck the “Enable legacy Plug and Play detection” option and press “OK”. Now see if the error is fixed, if it did not fix it, get back on this option again and check the “Enable legacy Plug and Play detection” option again and see if it solves the error.
- If this doesn’t solve the error, Open the device manager again and Expand “Ports (COM & LPT)” and find your printer name here and then right-click on your printer name and click “Uninstall” and uninstall the drivers.
- After uninstalling divers, get back on this option again and click on “Update Driver Software…”. You will see this screen:
- If you already have drivers for the printer, click on “Browse my computer for driver software” and click on “Browse”, locate the driver location, and click on Next and install the drivers.
- If you do not have drivers on your computer, then just click on “Search automatically for updated driver software” and windows will automatically download and install the drivers. (Make sure your internet is on). Just give it some time to find and install the drivers, it will take some time.
- When it finishes installing, try to print something.
This should solve this error, if your error has not been resolved yet, then there might be a problem with your printer and you have to take your printer to the service center to solve the error.