In this article, we are going to explain how to install a Printer in Chromebook with USB. You can install it through a wireless or a USB connection.
Prepare the following things to install your printer:
- A Chromebook updated to the latest version of Chrome OS.
- A printer with ink cartridges installed and paper loaded.
- A USB cable connected to the computer and printer or your wireless network password if you are using a wireless connection.
How to install Printer in Chromebook
Let’s discuss the step-by-step instructions. Please follow the following steps.
Step 1: Change printer settings.
Printers which having touchscreen or LCD control panel:
- Firstly, Turn on the printer and click on the Setup/Network/wireless menu on the printer screen.
- Now click Settings.
- Now click on Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now select your network and type the password.
- Now just select connect and ok. Your printer is connected now.
The printer which doesn’t have touchscreen display:
- First of all, press the cancel and wireless button simultaneously until you see the power button light flashes and wait until the light in front of wireless button flashes.
- In the case of Tango printers, you will find the wireless button on the back, press it and hold for 5 seconds.
- You should see the light in front flashes:
- Now, within 2 hours time, Press the WPS or wifi protected setup button and hold the button for some time to initiate the process of connection.
- When the connection is established, wireless light will stop blinking on the printer.
Step 2: Install printer in Chromebook.
- Now go to the Chromebook and click on the Clock in the right bottom corner and click on the Settings icon.
- Now scroll and click on Advanced in the bottom.
- Now scroll and click on Printers.
- Now click on Add Printer.
- Now you will see this screen, click on your printer name and just click on Add.
Now your printer is installed and you can start printing using the Chromebook. If you need more help regarding the Chromebook printer installation then you’ll more help from here.