Getting an error message while setting up the default printer. Some users have reported that they are not being able to set up their default printer on Windows 10 (Unable to set up default printer). We have looked into this matter and finally found a solution. We are going to share the solution with you here. Scroll down for the solution.
The following error message occurs when trying to set the default printer in Windows 10, 7, Vista, XP.
Operation Could Not be Completed (error 0x00000709). Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network
The solution is very simple. There is permission in the system registry, that’s why you are not permitted to set the default printer. You just need to fix that permission issue in the system registry, it will be fixed then and there. Let’s see how to do so:
Procedure to Fix “Operation Could Not be Completed Error 0x00000709” Error
Please read and apply the following instructions carefully.
Follow the following steps:
- Click on the Start and type regedit and press Enter.
- If User Account Control shows up, just click Yes.
- In the Registry Editor go to this: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWindows.
- You will see this screen:
- Now Right-click on Windows folder on the left side of the panel and click Permissions.
- Click on Add.
- Under the object name field, type ‘everyone‘ and click on Check Names button.
- After clicking on the ‘check names’ button, you’ll see that the ‘everyone’ user has become verified user as it comes underline. Click on OK button then.
- Since then, ‘Everyone’ users have been added to the list. Now, select ‘everyone’ user and tick the ‘full control’ check box which is under allow. Once you click on the checkbox it will tick and the other check-box ‘read’ will be ticked automatically. After that click on Apply and OK. As shown in the below screenshot.
- That’s it. Now you may close the Registry Editor and Restart your computer.
In the above how-to steps you have learned how to fix when you are unable to set the default printer and getting 0x00000709 error. If you have any questions regarding this post then leave your question in the comment section download below, we’ll try our best to answer you there.
.......... No FAQs Found .........